The deadline for 2022 Stallion Registration with Ontario Racing’s Standardbred Improvement Program is January 15.
There is a $500 late fee to register a stallion after January 15. A Stallion is ineligible to be a 2022 Ontario Sire if it has bred or breeds any mares in the 2022 calendar year prior to approval of the application.
To be eligible to be registered in the Program, a stallion must be:
- a) Wholly owned by an Ontario Resident and standing his entire Northern Hemisphere Stud Season in the Province of Ontario;
- b) Leased to an Ontario Resident for a term of at least one year, and standing his entire Northern Hemisphere Stud Season in the Province of Ontario during the term of that lease, with a copy of the written lease agreement being filed with Standardbred Canada.
The applicable fees for registration of a stallion as an Ontario Sire are:
- $200 for a New Registration (if not registered as an Ontario Sire in the previous year), OR
- $100 for a Renewal Registration (for stallions registered as an Ontario Sire in the previous year
- A levy equal to 50% of the advertised service fee for the current year OR $500, whichever is greater. If the service fee for the current year is listed as “Private”, the levy payable will be equal to 50% of the highest amount that would be charged for a service fee for the current year OR $500, whichever is greater.
Full details on eligibility, and submission are available here
Download and complete the Stallion Registration form here
Fill out the Online Version of the Stallion Registration form here
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com